On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 04:02:34PM +0100, Ewan Mellor wrote:

> Yes, I think that the best thing to do would be as Jimi suggests, and for us
> to pick one known-good snapshot, and host it ourselves.  That way, the source
> for the XenSource ramdisks will always be available and we don't have to rely
> upon the upstream buildroot archive.
>
> The next time I build a ramdisk I'll put the buildroot tar on
> xm-test.xensource.com, and change the Makefile to refer to that instead.

What about adding seomthing like:

BT_FILE=buildroot-snapshot
ifdef UCLIB
      BT_SITE="... uclib ..."
else
      BT_SITE="... xensource ..."
endif
BT_URL="$(BT_SITE)/(BT_FILE)"

then have a buildroot-snapshot in xensource somewhere, this allows easy
testing or the upstream snapshots make vs make UCLIB=1, and brace users
automagically end up with a working buildroot if they trying to build
there own ramdisks.

Yours Tony

   linux.conf.au       http://linux.conf.au/ || http://lca2007.linux.org.au/
   Jan 15-20 2007      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!