Thanks Tony, I shall go to bed soon. Here are the info you asked.

(See attached file: 2006-10-26-domU-dmesg.out)(See attached file:
xenstore-ls.out)

Regards,
Hao

Hao Yu

Commercial Scale Out
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Rd/Route 134, Rm 36-019
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598-0218
914-945-1854, Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Tony Breeds
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             dle.com>                                                   To
                                       Hao Yu/Watson/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             10/26/2006 02:54                                           cc
             AM                        Robert W Wisniewski
                                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, David M
                                       Daly/Watson/[EMAIL PROTECTED], Dilma M
Da
                                       silva/Watson/[EMAIL PROTECTED], Doron

                                       Shiloach/Watson/[EMAIL PROTECTED], Edi

                                       Shmueli/Watson/[EMAIL PROTECTED], Jimi

                                       Xenidis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                                       Jose Moreira/Watson/[EMAIL PROTECTED],

                                       Maria Butrico/Watson/[EMAIL PROTECTED],

                                       XenPPC-devel
                                       <xen-ppc-devel@lists.xensource.com>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [XenPPC] Re: 2 questions of
                                       creating domU

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 02:11:54AM -0400, Hao Yu wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Thanks for the info. I followed your steps and basically got the same
> thing:

Hi Hao,
             You're up late (or early).

> 1. I got rid of the line : vif = [ '' ] , created a domain (id=8)
>
> 2. I issued xm network-attach 8, Here is the output
>
> cso83:~ # xm network-attach 8
> Error: Device 1 (vif) could not be connected. Backend device not found.
> Usage: xm network-attach <Domain> [--script=<script>] [--ip=<ip>]
> [--mac=<mac>]
>
> Create a new virtual network device.
> cso83:~ # xm network-attach 8 --ip=9.2.78.162
> Error: Device 2 (vif) could not be connected. Backend device not found.
> Usage: xm network-attach <Domain> [--script=<script>] [--ip=<ip>]
> [--mac=<mac>]
>
> Create a new virtual network device.

Strange.

Can you post the complete dmesg logs for domU?
and the output from xenstore-ls, after you've tried to create the
network device.

Yours Tony

   linux.conf.au       http://linux.conf.au/ ||
http://lca2007.linux.org.au/
   Jan 15-20 2007      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!