Hi JD,

On Monday 06 November 2006 10:08, jdsw wrote:
> - You seem to require swap file setup too. So ur procedure is..
>
>    -- Create directory target/MYUBUNTU
>    -- Copy stage/ubuntu_swap.disk.img  target/MYUBUNTU
>    -- Copy stage/ubuntu.disk.img target/MYUBUNTU
>    -- Create a Xen config file
>
>  Can you please validate your procedure and attach a sample config file.

The above is correct.  To keep thins simpler, once the appropriate images
(base, swap, etc.), are copied to the appropriate directory, I rename them to
"root.img", "swap.img", etc., so it's fairly generic.

My config files were actually quite the same as the ones generated by XenMan,
so we're actually all good there (I don't use any of the "obscure" parameters
or such).  The only difference is that I have to edit the file to reflect the
actual path of the various VM images (I attached a sample one anyway)

Since all my VMs are controllable via XenMan now, that is the current format
of my config files.

Additionally, if I need a seperate additional disk, I copy over an empty
filesystem image I have and name it appropriately (e.g., if it was for
"/home" then I rename the file to "home.img")

> - Do u use DHCP and hence do not run in to IP/hostname setup problem ?

Yes, I use the networking scripts/configuration of the particular system I am
setting up (Ubuntu, Mandriva, etc.) and do not use the config file.

-Alan Murrell
# Automtically generated by XenMan
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd.img-2.6.16-xen"
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-xen"
root = "/dev/hda5 ro"
vif = ['bridge=xenbr0']
name = 'pdc01'
on_reboot = 'destroy'
on_crash = 'destroy'
memory = 64
disk = [
'/home/vserver/domains/pdc01/swap.img,hda1,w','/home/vserver/domains/pdc01/root.img,hda5,w','/home/vserver/domains/pdc01/home.img,hda6,w'
 ]