Hi Brecht,

Did you run the config script on the managed server as
mentioned in the doc ?

 -- The script basically changes the config file.
 -- And patches one the xen server python files (that
had a bug).

 These changes make Xend listen on all interfaces.

Pass on the same set of details and I can take a look.

/Jd

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/revelation/+bug/56744

> > /Jd
> >

> > --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have the following installed:
> >>
> >>   - CentOS 5.1 + CentOS "Virtualization" packages
> >>   - Xen 3.2 CentOS/RHEL RPM from <www.xen.org>
> >>   - gtk2-2.10.4-19.el5, pygtk2-2.10.1-8.el5 (most
> up
> >> to date for the distro)
> >>   - ConVirt 0.8.1
> >>
> >> After installation of ConVirt, I have run the the
> >> following scripts, per
> >> the "manual":

/usr/share/convirt/config-scripts/xen-3.1/configure-xend.sh

> >>   /usr/share/convirt/patches/patch_paramiko'
> >> scripts.
> >>
> >> I am able to start ConVirt OK, but whenever I try
> >> do anything, I get
> >> the following error running locally (as root):
> >>
> >>   Exception: Unknown type (null)
> >>
> >> The problem is the same with both the RPM and
> >> tarball versions.  I am also
> >> not able to connect to the server from the
> ConVirt
> >> 0.8.1 client installed
> >> on my Kubuntu laptop (using the tarball
> download); I
> >> get the following
> >> error when I try to add the server:
> >>
> >>   111, 'Connection refused'
> >>
> >> I do not see port 8006 (or anything even
> mentioning
> >> 'xend') when I do a
> >> 'netstat' command (nor 'netstat -l')
> >>
> >> I am thinking my problem may be one or more of
> the
> >> following:
> >>
> >>   1.) Running Xen 3.2, which may not be supported
> >> yet (i.e., the
> >> "configure-xend.sh" script for Xen 3.1 does not
> do
> >> what it needs to do
> >> for Xen 3.2)  This may or may not also be the
> reason
> >> I cannot connect
> >> from my laptop
> >>   2.) CentOS 5.1 does not have the proper version
> of
> >> GTK libraries that
> >> ConVirt needs to run
> >>
> >> To eliminate possibility #1 (at least as far as
> the
> >> "Unknown type"
> >> errors), I am planning to re-install CentOS 5.1
> (I
> >> just did an install
> >> earlier, so I am not losing any VMs or anything)
> and
> >> will use the CentOS
> >> "virtualization" packages and will do the "api"
> >> adjustment in
> >> '/etc/convirt.conf' as indicated in the manual.
> >>
> >> A couple of questions, however:
> >>
> >>   1.) When I use the CentOS 5.1 Xen packages and
> >> such, which
> >> 'configure-xend.sh' script do I use?  The one for
> >> 3.1 or 3.0?  I am
> >> thinking 3.1, since that is what is apparently
> >> installed with CentOS
> >> 5.1, despite it saying that it's 3.0.3.
> >>    2.) Is anyone running ConVirt 5.1 successfully
> on
> >> CentOS 5.1?
> >>
> >> In the meantime, any additional advice or info
> you
> >> need, feel free to ask
> >> and I will provide as best I can.
> >>
> >> TIA,
> >>
> >> -Alan M.

> >> Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio
> >> 2008.

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and

=== message truncated ===