Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I'm still concerned about the future of RTDM and timer functions. I think
> there should be some function for starting the timer manually, since the
> automatic feature don't work great for RTDM drivers.
>
> It is not nice to have to run the latency (or any other) program for starting
> the timer before I can load my driver. And it is not suffice to run it once I
> booted. After I open/close my rtdm device and reload my driver the problem
> will occur again and I'll have to re-run the latency program.

Sorry I don't see the problem here.

# modprobe xeno_nucleus; cat /proc/xenomai/timer
status=off:setup=1392:tickval=0:jiffies=0

# modprobe xeno_rtdm; cat /proc/xenomai/timer
status=oneshot:setup=1392:tickval=1:jiffies=8113917792696

So the timer is running right since when rtdm is loaded?!

And that simple heartbeat rtdm example on my rt-addon homepage now
cleanly runs even without any further helper to start some timer.