now that 2.1 is out and very likely also very stable, I feel like having
to bring this topic up again: There should be more announcements of this
project outside its own circle.

When reading articles about proprietary real-time Linux variants now
almost once a week on LinuxDevices, I always think that there should be
at least once some statement about this powerful alternative. Moreover,
there are certainly dozens of other forums for ringing the bells.

We first need some concept what to present, then maybe a long version
for forums that give us the space and a shorter one for the rest.
Philippe recently posted interesting statements, comparing the Xenomai
and the preemp-rt way - certainly good input. Every skin maintainer
could contribute a paragraph. References to driver projects could be
given. Short descriptions of ongoing projects would be nice, including
commercial ones when possible. And so forth...

Well, I would like to trigger this here, I may contribute a few lines
from my focus, but I can't take over the overall organisation of the
final writing. But I think that creating such an overview article here
on this list could reduce the individual effort and would reflect best
the strong community behind this project.

Comments, suggestions, volunteers?