Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > As a first step, I would vote for establishing that generic service to
 > redirect the userspace return path to some arbitrary handler in hard-RT
 > context. Then we can think about how to handle signal injection from
 > Linux vs. injection from Xenomai gracefully.

Ok, the first idea was a bad idea. Will try the second, or the
alternative proposed by Philippe.

 > >  >
 > >  > What do you think, is it worth including as a POSIX counterpart for
 > >  > testsuite/latency?
 > >
 > > There are a few details that I do not like about this tool, but we may
 > > take it, and fix the details later.
 >
 > It's a real hack, isn't it ;)? But what precisely do you mean?

What I dislike most, is the lack of return values check. This may work
well with Linux, but not with Xenomai. I would also prefer a clean
shutdown using pthread_cancel, after all sigwait and *nanosleep are
cancellation points, so it should work even without resorting to cleanup
handlers.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.