Jim Cromie wrote:
 > Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > > This is a regression test. You should see an error message or a system
 > > crash if something goes wrong. The output above looks ok (number of
 > > passed loops, kind of lifesign).
 > >

 > OK thanks.
 >
 > FWIW, I noted that xeno-test is not running these:
 > - switchbench
 > - switchtest
 > - irqbench
 >
 > Im not sure they belong in xeno-test though, since they dont
 > appear to produce output that shows good vs bad performance,
 > only an informal 'sanity' check.
 >
 > And technically, dont regression tests have to yield
 >  a PASS / FAIL decision ?  ;-)

switchtest now has a -q and -T option, like latency, that should make it
more xeno-test friendly. Running the test, say, 5 seconds, should be
enough to know if the context switches routines are working. You can
also rely on the program exit status to know if the test passed or
failed, all identified cases of failure cause switchtest to exit with an
error.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.