Stephan Zimmermann schrieb:
Jan Kiszka schrieb:
Jan Kiszka wrote:
Stephan Zimmermann wrote:
Jan Kiszka schrieb:
Philippe Gerum wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 14:34 +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:

Attached with 3000 points (to play safe).
Great, thanks.

FYI: Switching prio-coupling off doesn't let it trigger anymore. Which
/may/ mean that it's related to this feature, but which may also mean
that this corner-case race is just far more unlikely in non-RPI setups
(and the effects Stephan see are all related to the same bug -
hopefully).

Jan

To trigger you again, I just updated my Pentium M Notebook to 2.3.x svn
revision 2264, recompiled everything and gave it a try. (kernel 2.6.20)
Some runs of my already well-known software and the machine freezes
during shutdown. No oops, no backtrace, no error message. It doesn't
matter if priority coupling is enabled or not, when it tells me
'Stopping K Display Manager: kdm' the cursor freezes, that's it. My
colleague report's the same beahviour on his AMD SMP mashine. The
Celeron M crashes during reboot showing ugly backtraces like before.
                           ^^^^
_Re_boot - now I read your message correctly. So you are not facing
elementary boot issues on some boxes, but always memory corruption
*after* running your demo code, right?

yes, exactly

Then we should try to find out what mechanism of Xenomai might cause the
corruption. Could you, step by step, simplify your test, e.g. leaving
out some of the tasks or not using the message queues? This would help
to focus the analysis on (hopefully) only a few facilities.

Yes, I will try this. May take some time, stand by.

Still, the compiler question remains relevant. 2.6.20 e.g. warns me that
gcc 4.1.0 may miscompile the kernel (but I'm using a SUSE-patched
version that so far behaves).

We are using gcc 3.3 - the debian 3.1 standard compiler - on all of our Linux boxes. Maybe we should give a try to some newer release?

Stephan

Forgot to mention, HPET Timer Support is off.