Hi Giles

First, sorry about not jumping in on some of the other threads about Debian
and packaging...

On Friday 29 February 2008 19:50, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Roland Stigge wrote:
>  > Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>  > >>  Further, I updated the package in Debian with the suggested changes.
>  > >
>  > > We trust you, please send patches.
>  >
>  > The attached patch (and the latest version of it) can also always be
>  > found at the Debian developer's package page for Xenomai at
>  > http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xenomai.html .
>  >
>  > It applies to the latest Xenomai release (currently 2.4.2), and assumes
>  > that there is _no_ debian/ directory in the original source tree (as
>  > discussed beforehand - Debian maintains the complete debian/* hierarchy
>  > completely - for further questions just ask).
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Is it Ok for you to replace the repository debian directory current
> contents with the debian directory as provided by Roland ? Or will it
> break things on your side ?

I have no problem with Roland's changes, it won't break anything I do. The
relevant wiki page will need to be updated to reflect the extra packages that
are generated, but that is a minor detail.

On a personal level, I would like to see a debian/ structure retained within
SVN - This simplifies test builds and allows changes (such as merged x86
trees) to be tackled before (Debian) releases are made.

Regards, Paul.