Ettore Pedretti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did not quite understand how to checkout  the analogy branch. When I
> do git branch -a either in xenomai-head or in xenomai-2.5 I get only:
>
> * master
>   origin/HEAD
>   origin/master
>
> no other branch is available for checkout. I'm obviously missing something.
The analogy branch is located in my repository. So you need to add my
repository as a remote one:
git remote add xenomai-abe git://xenomai.org/xenomai-abe.git
git fetch xenomai-abe

Now, the branch should be available:
git branch -r
    xenomai-abe/analogy

You just have to create a new branch on your repo:
git branch --track xenomai-abe/analogy analogy

> I tried to apply the patch but it failed. At the end I edited
> mio_common.c directly. I hope I did not introduce any error.
> Everything compiled and installed fine.
>
> The attach command did not complain this time:
>
> analogy_config analogy0 analogy_ni_pcimio
>
> The error trace is attached (dmesg_07Jan2010.txt). I also attached the
> kernel config as you asked: (config_analogy).
>
> However the device /dev/analogy0 does not seem to be created.
>
> The content of /proc/analogy/drivers is:
>
> --  Analogy drivers --
>
> | idx | driver name
> |  00 | analogy_ni_pcimio
> |  01 | analogy_8255
>
> /proc/analogy/devices is:
>
> --  Analogy devices --
>
> | idx | status | driver
> |  00 | Linked | analogy_ni_pcimio
> |  01 | Unused | No driver
> |  02 | Unused | No driver
> |  03 | Unused | No driver
> |  04 | Unused | No driver
> |  05 | Unused | No driver
> |  06 | Unused | No driver
> |  07 | Unused | No driver
> |  08 | Unused | No driver
> |  09 | Unused | No driver
>
> /proc/analogy/00-analogy_ni_pcimio
>
> --  Subdevices --
>
> | idx | type
> |  00 | Unused subdevice
> |  01 | Analog output subdevice
> |  02 | Digital input/output subdevice
> |  03 | Unused subdevice
> |  04 | Unused subdevice
> |  05 | Calibration subdevice
> |  06 | Memory subdevice
> |  07 | Digital input/output subdevice
> |  08 | Unused subdevice
> |  09 | Serial subdevice
> |  10 | Unused subdevice
> |  11 | Counter subdevice
> |  12 | Counter subdevice
> |  13 | Counter subdevice
>
> When I try cmd_write I get this
>
> cmd_write: triggering failed (ret=-16)
>
> I was expecting complaints about /dev/analogy0 not existing. I'm confused.
>
> Progress though!
>
> Ettore

Alexis.