Once you've got the
element, you can use DOM_Node::appendChild(). Perhaps the problem is that you're
using getElementsByTagName() and you're getting back a node list rather than a
single element, in which case you need to choose which element to operate
upon.
I think you'll need
to send a brief code sample to get useful help.
-----Original Message-----
From: Smita [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 6:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: appendChild
From: Smita [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 6:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: appendChild
Hi,
I
want to add a child node to a DOM_Element. For this I first search for the
DOM_Element in the document with the specified tag. So far so good. But in order
to appendChild to the DOM_Element, I need a pointer to the actual element in the
document. There is no API that gives a reference/pointer to the DOM_element
within the document. Does anyone have an
idea?
Thanks a
lot.
Regards.
Smita
