In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dr Andrew C 
Aitchison wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Tony Houghton wrote:
> 
> > I've noticed that DPMS doesn't seem to work with my monitor using the
> > DVI-D connector. It did with my old Matrox G450 (analogue/VGA), and it
> > seems to work on the 2nd head (also analogue/VGA) with this Radeon 9000
> > - except so far I've only been able to get the second head to be a copy
> > of the first.  Is there an alternative to DPMS for DVI that XFree86
> > supports?
> 
> No alternative.
> DPMS works on DVI on my Matrox G550.
> BY default DPMS is not enabled, to turn it on I put
>       Option "DPMS"
> in the monitor section of the config file, but it can also go in some 
> other sections (flags ?).
> If it still isn't working, your driver has a bug or a misfeature.

I've switched from the closed "fglrx" driver to the open "ati" driver
for now, because the dual head works with ati. But the DPMS still
doesn't work on the DVI, so I don't think it's driver-specific.

The "radeon" driver must be a bit of a red herring as far as the newer
cards are concerned. Was this for the original Radeon, then development
focus switched back to the ati driver, shelving the radeon driver?

-- 
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to