On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Don wrote: > > No alternative. > > DPMS works on DVI on my Matrox G550. > > BY default DPMS is not enabled, to turn it on I put > > Option "DPMS" > > in the monitor section of the config file, but it can also go in some > > other sections (flags ?). > > If it still isn't working, your driver has a bug or a misfeature. > DPMS does not work for me with my DVI outputs either. > > I have finally gotten my G450 PCI and G550 AGP cards all plaing nicely > with my monitors using DVI. > > Any time they get kicked into powersave the screens simply display what > looks a lot like a snowcrash :) Moving the mouse or pressing a > key immediately retores the display. > > This is with FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE with XFree86 4.2.1 compiled from source > via the ports tree and with the Matrox drivers compiled from source.
I'm using latest CVS, if that makes a difference. -- Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna _______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

