On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 01:09:28 +0100, Idar Tollefsen wrote:
> (--) GLINT(0): Attached Rasterizer is GLINT 500TX
> OK, good, great! It found and is apparently using the 500TX as well.

Yup.

> (WW) GLINT: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:5:2) found
> Why? I clearly have a dedicated device section in my configuration file for
> this, identified as "GLINT 500TX".
 
You can ignore this line, the Delta grabs the 500TX as well. 

> Another problem is running this card at depths of 24 or 30. At both those
> depths, the screen is unclear, fonts unreadable and borders have nasty
> flickering effects. 30 is worse than 24. Have anyone else seen this with
> GLINT cards? Can I do something about it?
 
You can't do depth 30 with an IBM526DB, so it shouldn't work at all. Only
the IBM640 dac supports depth 30.

> One last thing; if someone else has this card, could you verify that it has
> 8MB of RAM? I thought it had 16MB, but I might be mistaken and have long since
> lost the manuals (X auto probes 8MB).

Yes, The card has 8MB of videoram, but probably has another 8MB of EDO 
memory - usually used for 3D. The driver only reports the videoram as
it currently doesn't have a 3D driver and looses the other 8MB of EDO.

Alan.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to