On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 01:51:38 +0100, Idar Tollefsen wrote:
> >> Another problem is running this card at depths of 24 or 30. At both those
> >> depths, the screen is unclear, fonts unreadable and borders have nasty
> >> flickering effects. 30 is worse than 24. Have anyone else seen this with
> >> GLINT cards? Can I do something about it?
>  
> > You can't do depth 30 with an IBM526DB, so it shouldn't work at all. Only
> > the IBM640 dac supports depth 30.
> 
> Hmm... Well... It does work, in that it actually displays something, but if
> it is as you say, no wonder it looks weird at that depth.
 
Mmm, that looks like a bug. I'll fix that so it won't work at all.

> But what about 24? Are there any reasons why that should look bad as well?
 
Depends on your board. Send me a log at depth 24 and I'll take a closer
look.

> >> One last thing; if someone else has this card, could you verify that it
> >> has 8MB of RAM? I thought it had 16MB, but I might be mistaken and have
> >> long since lost the manuals (X auto probes 8MB).
> 
> > Yes, The card has 8MB of videoram, but probably has another 8MB of EDO 
> > memory - usually used for 3D. The driver only reports the videoram as
> > it currently doesn't have a 3D driver and looses the other 8MB of EDO.
> 
> Doesn't have a 3D driver? Does that mean I won't get any OpenGL
> acceleration out of this card with XFree86?

Nope.

Alan.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to