>>> Alan Hourihane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10.02.03 15:33 >>>
On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 03:26:49 +0100, Idar Tollefsen wrote:

>>> Depends on your board. Send me a log at depth 24 and I'll take a
>>> closer look.
 
>> Included at the bottom. Again, "Not loading .debug line" lines
>> are cut out. The only change made to my XF86Config was to change
>> DefaultDepth to 24 instead of 16.
 
> Yep, even though the cards can do it, they're not great boards to
> be displaying 1600x1200@75Hz with 24bit depth. I'd use 1280x1024 if
> you really need 24bit depth. Or drop to 16bit depth and keep using
> 1600x1200.

I'll be dropping to 16bit then.

>>>>>> One last thing; if someone else has this card, could you verify that it
>>>>>> has 8MB of RAM? I thought it had 16MB, but I might be mistaken and have
>>>>>> long since lost the manuals (X auto probes 8MB).

>>>>> Yes, The card has 8MB of videoram, but probably has another 8MB of EDO
>>>>> memory - usually used for 3D. The driver only reports the videoram as
>>>>> it currently doesn't have a 3D driver and looses the other 8MB of EDO. 

>>>> Doesn't have a 3D driver? Does that mean I won't get any OpenGL
>>>> acceleration out of this card with XFree86?
>>> Nope.

>> "Nope" as in my conclusion is wrong and I will get OpenGL acceleration or
>> "Nope" as in confirming that I won't get any OpenGL acceleration?
>> (/me clinging to a straw of hope)

> Nope as in, it doesn't have a 3D driver. So therefore you won't get
> any GL acceleration.

Damn!

But thank you for all help, and so expedient too.


- IT

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to