> > but then I have to forget about the full 4.3 as well, because I doubt it
> > will be fixed there... :(
>
> Yes, unless someone finds out what the problem is and fixes it very
> soon.

I copied X11R6 directory from knoppix to my hdd and startedx with it,
and the problem is not there: I can get back to X from console. I cant
debug the driver source, but I offer tests. But maybe it is something
easy in the X's code, not the driver?

> > I was thingking to have both wersions for tests.
>
> Both versions of what?

of /usr/X11R6. Like I did with knoppix. I have 2 X11R6 directories now.

>
> > BTW. How do I chose yet now which version (dri-trunk or old) I start
> > with startx?
>
> dri-trunk is the default, for the other one use
>
> startx -- /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86.nodri-trunk



startx -- /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 or
startx -- /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86.nodri-trunk

produce:

Fatal server error:
Cannot open log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log"

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
Please report problems to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

giving up.
xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unable to connect to X
server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

bye
Dominik

>
>
>

-- 
----------------------------------
Dominik Szczerba, Dr.
CO-ME, D-ITET, ETZ F85
ETH, Gloriastr. 35
CH-8092 Zurich
http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~domi
----------------------------------
ii swear i never use vi^[:wqZZ
----------------------------------
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to