Hi, Mike Harris requested that I send this to xfree86.org. Is this a known problem in recent XFree86 CVS?

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=84944

Description of problem:
https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/phoebe-list/2003-February/003431.html

In Red Hat 8.0 and previous versions of Red Hat Linux my laptop was able
to switch between built-in LCD screen and external monitor with Fn-F7 key.

In Phoebe2 and Phoebe3 I noticed that I completely lost this ability.
If I change to a text console it works, but the running XFree86  session
must be completely killed in order to change from LCD to monitor or vice
versa.

My laptop is a Sony Vaio FXA36, mobile Athlon with VIA KT133a chipset.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=51325&action=view
More hardware information.

Two other people on phoebe-list have said that their laptop in Phoebe
can no longer switch video output.

Warren Togami
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
XFree86-4.2.99.902-20030220.1

How reproducible:
Always

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to