On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 11:10:27PM +0100, I�aki Garc�a Etxebarria wrote:
>On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 19:42, David Dawes wrote:
>> >> I just upgraded to CVS and my keyboard stopped working.
>> >I dug a little deeper, now I have the keyboard (mostly) working.
>> >I didn't realize at first, but the Xserver was printing to the console
>> >this (*), which I include at the end of the email. I edited
>> >lib/X11/xkb/compat/xfree86 and lib/X11/xkb/symbols/pc/pc appropiately
>> >and the error messages are gone now. There's still a bug somewhere
>> >though.
>> 
>> Those problems are caused by your installation not being complete.
>> The defintions for the unrecognised keysyms are in lib/X11/XKeysymDB,
>> so you need to update that file.
>It's as complete as make install makes it, just under a different
>ProjectRoot. Dunno why is it still looking under /usr/X11 in this case,
>but linking /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 to the new version does fix the problems.

It sounds like your Xlib has the wrong path for XKeysymDB.  Did you
install it in the same ProjectRoot as it was built for (lots of things
can break if you don't)?  What does:

   strings .../lib/libX11.so | grep XKeysymDB

report?

David
-- 
David Dawes
Release Engineer/Architect                      The XFree86 Project
www.XFree86.org/~dawes
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to