On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 03:51, David Dawes wrote:
> It sounds like your Xlib has the wrong path for XKeysymDB.  Did you
> install it in the same ProjectRoot as it was built for (lots of things
> can break if you don't)?
I just did a make install, and there's a XKeysymDB under the ProjectRoot
I built for. The original one is still in its old location, this is the
one it's being read when X starts.

>    strings .../lib/libX11.so | grep XKeysymDB
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/cvs/X-install/lib> strings libX11.so | grep XKeysymDB
/home/garetxe/cvs/X-install/lib/X11/XKeysymDB

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/cvs/X-install/lib> ls -l $(strings libX11.so | grep
XKeysymDB)
-r--r--r--    1 garetxe  users        8298 feb 26 12:29
/home/garetxe/cvs/X-install/lib/X11/XKeysymDB

But it might be just that my system isn't properly configured and the
wrong libX11 (the one under /usr/X11R6/lib/) is loaded instead for some
reason. Looking to the relevant code in libX11 I agree it should work.

Honestly, I don't think you should waste any more time on this unless
someone else with a sane install of everything else sees the same, it
might just as well be a bug somewhere else (in the computer chair
interface probably :-)), and my system works just fine anyway.

Thanks for your patience,
Iñaki

PD: Not everything is complaints btw :-), the new X rocks, finally
XVideo for my card and things such as the translucent cursors and easy
font management are very nice, I had been wanting to have them for a
long time. Thanks a lot for the superb work.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to