Hola,

I solved the problem with the advice of Ivan Pascal (many thanks for that). The problem was that the file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB was absent - why ever! I've installed X from the FreeBSD ports. But, being the lucky one, another machine running FreeBSD and X which was upgraded from 4.2 to 4.3 of X posses this file and I just made a copy of it and put it to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11.

And, taataataa, X works as expected.

Hope, that helps you, too!

Thomas

george goffe wrote:
Howdy,

I'm new to this list and have not yet recieved my
subscription confirmation... it's been 40 mins or so
now... Hopefully things will catch up with me,
preferably sooner than later...

I have read the discussion regarding this problem and
am experiencing the same problem. My keyboard with x11
up is 99%+ non functional. I get the same messages in
the startx.log file about "expected keysym, got
XF86_Switch_VT_1: line 8 of xfree86" as in the earlier
emails. This is the out of the box xfree86-4.3.0 (just
downloaded). I have build logs of both make World and
install as well as the /var/adm/XFree86.0.log if
anyone is willing to look at them and/or help me. At
this point in time my gui is completely non functiona.

Any/all help/tips/hints/suggestions/prayers would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards and thanks for your help and time,

George...

=====
=====
    _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ -----
   _/       _/       _/    _/ _/    _/ _/       _/
  _/  _/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/    _/ _/_/_/_/ _/  _/_/ _/_/_/_/ -----
 _/    _/ _/       _/    _/ _/    _/ _/    _/ _/
_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/    _/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ -----
"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil Rogers

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
http://sbc.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to