[This e-mail has been automatically generated.]
Please do not reply to this email. if you want to comment on the bug, go to the
URL shown below and enter your comments there.
http://bugs.xfree86.org//cgi-bin/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=43
------- Additional Comments From [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2003-04-05 09:00 -------
I think it should be done in the X Server or some similar common location so
that it can be used for input to any program, rather than, for example, limiting
it to kde compatible programs.
Can you provide any hints about why it cannot be done at the X Server level?
I've never looked at the code, and probably could not make heads or tails of it
in any reasonable amount of time, but I'd expect that there is a (or more than
one) mechanism to handle input keystrokes, and pass them on to a client
application. My thought would be to put some code where the input keystrokes
come in, look for certain special key combinations, and, if found, pass a
"string" of input keystrokes to the "current" application. (The keystrokes may
have to be sent as keydown, keyup, ... events rather than an ASCII string, but
that should not be difficult.) We'd need a storage mechanism in the X Server to
remember the special keystrokes and the translated string to be sent.
What am I missing? (I know it would not be easy, and especially not for me, but
I have trouble understanding where the great difficulties lie. Or, is it more a
philosophical thing -- such an approach might not be compatible with the X
"philosophy"?? In what respect?)
I really hate to see this marked "RESOLVED" (or is the status really "RESOLVE(D)
LATER"?? (The two words together represent the status??)
I've tried to get the Klipper developer interested in doing something along
these lines, and I had expected something before now, but haven't seen anything
up through kde 3.0.4 (Mandrake 9.0).
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86