RH 7.1 is a bit old for new hardware, I suspect your graphic card is not recognised I 
would try RH
8.0 (or 9 I believe it is already out) or some other newer version of another 
provider. A lot of
the newer cards are only recognised well by X 4.3...
Lionel
--- Gaasha! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> Hi!
> 
> I have installed Redhat Linux ver 7.1 on my new P4 computer (earlier I had it on my 
> P3 and it
> was working fine). But when i installed Linux on this P4, it didn't recognize X 
> server during
> installation. So I had to quit without X installed. When I logged on to the system 
> through
> console, and ran the command "startx" it gave error and didn't start X server. I am 
> attaching
> the output log file that it saved in the /var/log/ folder, namely XFree86.0.log.
> 
> Please, help me configure the X server, I can't work on linux console alone.
> Thanking you in anticipation,
> Gaasha.
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/octet-stream name=XFree86.0.log



__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more
http://tax.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to