On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Gaasha! wrote:

>I have installed Redhat Linux ver 7.1 on my new P4 computer

Red Hat Linux 7.1 is quite ancient.

>(earlier I had it on my P3 and it was working fine). But when i
>installed Linux on this P4, it didn't recognize X server during
>installation. So I had to quit without X installed. When I
>logged on to the system through console, and ran the command
>"startx" it gave error and didn't start X server. I am attaching
>the output log file that it saved in the /var/log/ folder,
>namely XFree86.0.log.
>
>Please, help me configure the X server, I can't work on linux console alone.

Your video hardware is Intel i845 integrated video, which is not 
supported by anything except XFree86 4.3.0.  Red Hat Linux 9, 
which is just released supports the Intel i845 however no other 
prior releases support this video chipset.

Recommendation:  Install Red Hat Linux 9

-- 
Mike A. Harris


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to