Bryan,

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 22:21, you (Bryan Koschmann - GKT) wrote :
 > I'm wondering, do I have the wrong list to ask questions? I've posted
 > twice looking for pointers to help setting up mouse buttons and special
 > keyboard keys, both with no responses. I've seen many other questions
 > answered, and since it seems like this is the main xfree86 list, I thought
 > it would be the place to find answers.

You're wrong. It's the correct place to ask your question. Most if not all
people here are volunteers. If they can't help (no time, no answer), don't
blame them. Maybe someone will answer you in a short time. Maybe the
knowledgeable people missed your posts, are on vacancy, have their own life
to go on with (hopefuly they have! ;-) )... Maybe no one as the answer...

 > If you can direct me to somehwere I *can* find answers, please let me
 > know. I have in fact S'd TFW with no luck.

Look at the archives. I seem to remember something about this in the not so
far ago.

Try 'xev' to check for scancodes if they make some (some PCs have buttons that
are handled by the BIOS/whatever, and do not have scancode associated).

Try: "man setxkbmap", maybe that will help (this is a wild guess, I know
almost nothing regarding KB & Mice in XFree).

Also, Google for "xfree86 keyboard special buttons" and skip the first three
match, they are 'dead'. Digging into third match gives a ML archive:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2002-June/thread.html
Look for "Grey volume buttons".

The fourth match looks quite interesting...

Maybe that's not what you're lookin' for, but it's a start.

Regards.
Yann.

-- 
.-----------------.--------------------.------------------.--------------------.
|  Yann E. MORIN  | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
| --==< �_� >==-- �---.----------------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1550 | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  
|
�---------------------�----------------�------------------�--------------------�
 \__ np: --tl - 04 ___________________________________________________________/
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to