Most people start their window managers from the xinitrc.
The system default is usually in /etc/X11/xinit.  Individuals
can have their own in ~/.xinitrc.  Many distributions have 
utilities launched from the xinitrc which launch a window
manager specified from some other configuration program.

                        Mark.


On 19 Jun 2003, Sudev Barar wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 10:25, Kelley Hilborn wrote:
> > Okay, I'm not the brightest apple in the tree when it comes to X.
> > I finally got X to run on OpenBSD 3.3   And from the ports tree, I
> > Ran the make for enlightenment.  Now, how do I make that my defualt
> > window manager?  X still comes up if I type startx
> Not best of the answer as I am equally dark (opposed to bright) about
> this all. give command
>       startx -e "yourmanager"
> Till some one tells you better.
> 
> -- 
> Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> 

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to