On Wednesday 18 June 2003 00:59, you (Bryan Koschmann - GKT) wrote :
 > Thanks for the reply.

My pleasure! ;-)

 > I apologize if my expectations were too high.

I didn't mean to be rude when answering... I do apologize to you as well.

 > > Try 'xev' to check for scancodes if they make some (some PCs have
 > > buttons that are handled by the BIOS/whatever, and do not have scancode
 > > associated).
 > I was able to get the scancodes, but my biggest issue is where to tell it
 > "scancode 226 will do this" and "mouse button 4 will do this".
 > > Try: "man setxkbmap", maybe that will help (this is a wild guess, I know
 > > almost nothing regarding KB & Mice in XFree).
 > I just took a look at that, seems more to simple change the layout, but
 > not set specific keys.

Well, I'm no expert on this, sorry. Depending on your window manager, wander
on their site. I expect KDE or GNOME have a facility to set up this kind of
things...

 > The archived thread looked right at first, but turned out there was no
 > discussion pertaining to what I needed.

Well, I didn't bother to dig too deep...

 > However, that google search turned up a few things that will point me in
 > the right direction. I had done some searching for something other than
 > that, but I can't remember what. However they didn't turn up what I
 > needed.

When you eventually find the info, may you share it with me? I might need
it in a little time... (building all from scratch takes some time! ;-) ).

 > Thank you for the reply and all the information. It is very much
 > appreciated.

You're welcome.

Regards,
Yann.

-- 
.-----------------.--------------------.------------------.--------------------.
|  Yann E. MORIN  | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
| --==< �_� >==-- �---.----------------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1564 | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  
|
�---------------------�----------------�------------------�--------------------�
 \__ np: The Cure - The Love Cats [Stopped] __________________________________/
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to