Unfortunately you may be pretty much on your own.
the Cirrus driver is pretty much unsupported as noone
who could support it has the HW.

Would it be practical to: A) Provide SSH root access to somebody @XFree86.org, or B) Ship somebody the laptop as a loaner C) ???

Obviously A) is much easier, but I dunno what you can tell without seeing the screen, and I don't have a web-cam handy... Though I do need to set one up eventually anyway, so I reckon I could move that higher on the priority list.

And, of course, the odds on XFree86 folks having the time to mess with this are pretty small unless a lot of people have these things and so it's worth it to you to support them.

If you find a solution please let us know.
The spikes and crackles usually appear when the memory bus
is congested.
Sometimes this can get fixed by reducing the pixel clock or
increasing the memory clock.

I'll try that. Pixel clock is the "dot clock" right? What's the memory clock?

 Unfortunately there is support
for chaning the memory clock in this driver.

"[no] support" right? Guess I don't really care what a memory clock is then, eh? Better to know for tomorrow's laptop though. :-)

Setting the option PCI_Retry may also help however the cirrus
driver has no support for this.
We have a similar report about a Cirrus Laguna chip in
our bugzilla.

To be sure I understand -- My only course of action on my own is to try successively lower "dot clocks" in various ModeLines until I find one that works. Right?


Any recommended increments?

Or is there some kind of algorithm for guessing these things, based on the one that kinda sorta works?

Or should I attack it right at the minimum:
(==) CIRRUS(0): Min pixel clock is 12 MHz
(--) CIRRUS(0): Max pixel clock is 80 MHz
(II) CIRRUS(0): Clock range:  12.00 to  80.10 MHz

THANKS!!!

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to