On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 17:03, Chip Marshall wrote:

> I'm running dual-head on my Sony VAIO PCG-GR300 as we speak. It's an
> ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY chip. I'm not sure what the Clone options
> you've got in there are doing, but as I understand it, Clone usually
> means same picture on both heads, which mine seems to do on it's own
> if I don't configure it for dual-head.
> 
> Anyway, my XF86Config is available at
> http://www.2bithacker.net/vaio/XF86Config
> 
> Only thing I can't do is use accelerated OpenGL, since running both
> heads takes up too much memory, and my poor laptop doesn't have all
> tat much video RAM. :(

Thanks for the info. The biggest difference between your XF86Config and
mine is that you are using the ati driver. I'd like to know what version
of X are your running. The Clone options I am using because, according
to the man page for the radeon driver, if I do not specify what modes,
hsync, and vrefresh for the secondary display in the Clone options, the
modes from the primary display will be used. And without them I checked
the log file and it did report that the modes from the primary were
being used for the secondary. Anyway, I am still completely clueless as
to why it is not working. Either hp has done something funky to the
card, the radeon driver is funky, or I am funky. I just wish I knew
what.

My current XF86Config:

http://www.brandonlewis.net/documents/ati/XF86Config

Corresponding XFree86.0.log file:

http://www.brandonlewis.net/documents/ati/XFree86.0.log

Thanks,

Brandon


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to