On August 07, 2003, Brandon Wittenburg sent me the following: > Thanks for the info. The biggest difference between your XF86Config and > mine is that you are using the ati driver. I'd like to know what version > of X are your running. The Clone options I am using because, according > to the man page for the radeon driver, if I do not specify what modes, > hsync, and vrefresh for the secondary display in the Clone options, the > modes from the primary display will be used. And without them I checked > the log file and it did report that the modes from the primary were > being used for the secondary. Anyway, I am still completely clueless as > to why it is not working. Either hp has done something funky to the > card, the radeon driver is funky, or I am funky. I just wish I knew > what.
Comparing your log to mine, it would appear that 'radeon' and 'ati' are the same driver anyway. Looking at the radeon(4) man page, the option "CloneDisplay" "is only used for dual-head cards with only single screen section specified", and defaults to auto-detect, which may be a problem. Try setting Option "CloneDisplay" 0, which should disable it. I'm running Xfree86 4.3.0. I've uploaded my XFree86.0.log to http://www.2bithacker.net/vaio/XFree86.0.log for reference. -- Chip Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/ GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a22>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+ V-- PS+ PE Y+ PGP++ t+@ R@ tv@ b++@ DI++++ D+(-) G++ e>++ h>++ r-- y?
pgp00000.pgp
Description: PGP signature

