Thomas Winischhofer writes:

> Bjorn Solberg wrote:
>> 
>>> The limit is based on the documentation I had available when writing
>>> the driver, and on the fact that exceeding those documented overlay
>>> limits would result in a hardware lockup.  It is possible that newer
>>> hardware revisions have a different physical limit.  You'd need to
>>> rebuild the driver with the limit check removed/changed and see if it
>>> locks up or not when bring up an XVideo window.
>> Great!  I'll download the source, find the limit check, modify it,
>> rebuild and try again then.  Since video shows fine in the same
>> resolution under Windows XP, then hopefully that means it'll work for X11
>> as well.  The Windows driver came on a separate CDROM with the computer.


> Are you absolutely sure Windows is using the overlay and is not blitting
> the YUV data into the framebuffer instead?

No, can you tell me how to tell the difference?  I know that the Windows
driver is able to show high-quality DV (and DVD) video at full-screen
without any jerkiness.  Using -vo x11 or -vo gl for mplayer in X11, I
can't expand the window even 20% before the video starts lagging.  (But
that's more because the X11 rendering is less efficient than Windows, due
to its superior capabilities.)

Thanks,

Bjorn.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to