On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 12:51:55PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>     My problem was that XF86config was choosing to put a bunch of
> modelines in the config file which worked but looked lousy. For
> instance, in the case of my laptop which has a 1280x800 native
> resolution to the screen it was setting things up for 1280x1024 which
> looked blurry. This page allowed me to correctly set the resolution I
> wanted which XF86config wasn't able to do for me.

Ok, *here's* the weird part.  I have a client whose laptop is likewise
1280x800.  SuSE's SAX refused to set that size.  it would let me set
1280x1024.  *But then it actually *did* 1280x800* at server start,
anyway.  Says so, right there in the log.  *Even though there's no
modeline for that 1280x800*.

Go figure *that* one out.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        "You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
        but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
        have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
                                        -- Luke Girardi