On 10/30/20 10:56 AM, Barry Jackson wrote:
On 30/10/2020 13:41, Andy Stewart wrote:

I recommend moving your config file to a safe place and restarting xlog with no config file, as an experiment.

Yes I did this effectively by using a new user and later by just re-naming the ~/.xlog dir. That allows the program to start without crashing, but would lock up when trying to enter settings in hamlib config dialog when using hamlib-4.0

HI Barry,

Did you notice in the release notes for hamlib-4.0-rc2 that the model numbers for all of the rigs have changed?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hamlib/files/hamlib/4.0%7Erc2/

My question: are you using the correct value for the model of rig that you are using?

Did you try using the rigctl program to isolate potential hamlib issues from potential xlog issues?

I have not tested xlog with hamlib-4.0.

On Ubuntu 18.04, I just compiled xlog with hamlib-4.0 and saw no issues. Note: I have not tested it with my rig (yet). That's next.

I just built hamlib-4.1 and xlog against it and I can now edit the hamlib settings without a hang or crash, however rig control fails to work at all, even using a manual config string for the port. It just fails to communicate, looking at the hamlib tracker in xlog.

Where are you finding hamlib-4.1? On Sourceforge, I'm finding hamlib-4.0-rc2, which is what I'm currently using for testing the latest version of xlog.

Thanks, and 73,

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)
Vice President: PART of Westford, MA (WB1GOF)