Try user as '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Rather than 'postmaster'

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ross Gohlke
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:46 PM
To: xmail@xmailserver.org
Subject: [xmail] access logged but client doesn't connect

I'm running XMail 1.21 on FreeBSD 5.3.

I successfully installed XMail and set up a domain and user accounts.

My email client is Thunderbird, I set up two accounts:
1) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
2) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

When trying to check email from either account, Thunderbird reports "Sending
of password did not succeed. Mailserver host.domain.com
responded: Invalid auth or access denied.

Looking at logs/pop3-xxxx, the connection is logged. This account is
receiving email.

Any ideas why I can't connect?

Thanks.

Ross Gohlke
http://www.grinz.com

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe xmail" in the body
of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For general help: send the line
"help" in the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]