Davide Libenzi wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Ralf wrote:

Hi,
how can I map system user accounts (for example "root", "news", "usenet" etc.)
to some domain email accounts?

The local newsserver (inn2) posts daily status mails
to the system user "usenet". But xmail brings the following error:
"
[<00>] XMail bounce: Rcpt=[usenet];Error=[The maximum number of delivery
attempts has been reached]
[<01>] Error sending message [1233371803906.3078945680.6.srv2.amitrader.com]
from [amitrader.com].
ID:        <L56>
Mail From: <m...@localhost>
Rcpt To:   <usenet>
"

I guess one has to map such system accounts to real email accounts
defined in xmail, but how to do it? Any HOWTO on this available?

What is "inn2" using to send mail? `sendmail`? Did you setup XMail's `sendmail`?

Yes, it is xmail's sendmail. I did it as described in the xmail doc.

Did you configure "inn2" to send to the corrent addresses?

Unfortunately there seems to be no such setting in inn2.
But the problem is a general one, for example also for the system "root"
account.
Here's my /etc/aliases file:

# /etc/aliases
#
mailer-daemon: postmas...@amitrader.com
postmaster: postmas...@amitrader.com
nobody: postmas...@amitrader.com
usenet: postmas...@amitrader.com
news: postmas...@amitrader.com
hostmaster: hostmas...@amitrader.com
webmaster: hostmas...@amitrader.com
www: hostmas...@amitrader.com
ftp: hostmas...@amitrader.com
abuse: postmas...@amitrader.com
noc: hostmas...@amitrader.com
security: hostmas...@amitrader.com
root: hostmas...@amitrader.com

But it seems to have no effect.
I've also issued the 'newaliases' command on the Debian box
as suggested when modifying the /etc/aliases file.

Has nobody else had this problem?
How to solve this?