Davide Libenzi wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Ralf wrote:

Davide Libenzi wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Ralf wrote:

You should really read Xmail's documentation. XMail has its own
configuration, independent from the system one (since it runs on OSs other
than Unix - and even though, most definitely every Unix is different from a
configuration POV).

In the xmail documentation the following is written under ALIASES.TAB :

  You can even have wildcards in the domain field, as:
    "*" "postmaster"    "postmas...@domain.net"

So I stopped xmail, appended this entry to aliases.tab:
 "*"    "postmaster"    "postmas...@amitrader.com"

and there is already the following line
  "amitrader.com" "postmaster"    "admin-mb"

(Oh yes, they contain hard tabs)

Then I started xmail and on the command line (I'm logged in as root)
I used "mail postmaster" to send a test mail, and also "sendmail postmaster",
but in both cases the mails bounce as follows:

<00>] XMail bounce: Rcpt=[postmaster];Error=[]
[<01>] Error sending message [1233431322413.3079076752.5.srv2.amitrader.com]
from [amitrader.com].
ID:        <L8C>
Mail From: <r...@localhost>
Rcpt To:   <postmaster>

Any other tips on how to solve this problem?

The software you're using sends to "postmaster" with no domain.

That's normal on Unix hosts.

I cannot believe it doesn't have a configuration option,
maybe you didn't look hard enough.

Under Unix there are some predefined local users like news, mail, root etc.
They all have by default "mail" capability.
These users and their mail accounts existed even long before
the domain name system.

That apart, try to export DEFAULT_DOMAIN inside XMail's sendmail shell script.

Yes, this works, but this is not documented in the manual!
And the above said entry in aliases.tab is not neccessary.

But the "To:" field is IMO not correctly set
although the "Received:" line has it correct: