On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 6:40 PM, Erik Massop <e...@ixsop.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 15:04:49 +1000
> Adam Nielsen <a.niel...@shikadi.net> wrote:
>
>> What's the easiest way to compile one xform plugin as C++11 while
>> leaving everything else alone?
>
> I think you need to modify the cxxflags and linkflags of just your
> targets. There is something on how to do this manually at
> src/lib/xmmstypes/wscript, where -DXMMSV_USE_INT64=1 is added to
> cflags. To try this out, I would copy the boiler plate from
> src/waftols/plugin.py and think about properly integrating later.
> However, I think you can also create a 'lib' and plug the flags
> in there. This seems to be done in src/plugins/gme/wscript, where
> cflags seem to flow from pkg-config to the build commandline of the
> gme plugin.

Another example is the sid xform which has a wrapper to C. An
alternative I wouldn't mind is adding C++11 to global C++ flags, as
it's kind of old nowadays and fix whatever breaks. We have some
agreement of enabling C11 (or was it C99?) server side at least too,
so it would be kind of aligned with that as well.

--
Daniel Svensson