Hi,

> > I don't mind reading any code but I'm far from good at C. I can't
> > find the
> > python source code for a module named "xmmsapi" that xmmsclient
> > depends on.
>
> The Python API will not help you as it simply wraps the C API. The
> part of the C API you're after can be found here:
>
> This is were all the dirty framing is built up:
> https://github.com/xmms2/xmms2-devel/blob/master/src/lib/xmmsipc/msg.

I have work in progress on a pure python3 client lib, available here:
https://github.com/vdust/xmms2-devel/tree/rfc-pure-python/src/clients/l
ib/python3/xmms2

This is not the latest version (syncing it soon on github), but it
already contains a working client lib (without all the sugar intended
on the end result and without service clients).

Regards,
Raphael