Thunar of course is the app were it'd be nice to hide the delete.
"Delete" could potentially be confusing to folks coming from MS OSs were
"delete" means to put it in Trash bin, which is recoverable. Also, since
around 12.04 they turned of the authentication request when you access a
dual boot ntfs partition. Then there's the new scroll bar fanciness that
get's in my way bigtime. It's all good as long as you have an easy way
to turn these new features off.  It happens a lot, it's similar to when
they changed the Firefox interface to look more like Chrome. I don't
like the look and feel of Chrome but there's a FF addon that reverts it
to the classic interface thankfully. Of course Xfce is brilliant...just
saying.

http://www.fastmail.com - The way an email service should be