On 01/13/2017 02:28 AM, JMZ wrote:

I'm writing an doctoral dissertation in LibreOffice. It's not a lightweight word processor. Documents can be saved in .docx for colleagues using Word. So far my colleagues haven't had difficulty reading LibreOffice composed files that are translated to .docx

For scientists, engineers, ..: It is important to use Windows fonts, especially the "symbol" fonts. Then, the *.docx files generated with LibreOffice are OK. Another issue are the citations, if the LibreOffice database is used: in the text, the numbers generated by the database, have to retyped as normal text. Figures, graphics, ... should not be inserted as LibreOffice drawing files: I insert them as *.png files. If this is followed, the *.docx file should be OK.

François