On 01/14/2017 03:37 AM, pereira wrote:
> Steve,
[...]
> On the TeX end I used to use plain tex, but now I use latex. I
> haven't investigated what others might do. Whatever started to work
> for me I stayed with.

Most people do this if they have been using [La]TeX for a while. I stick
with Emacs simply because I've always used it, and because I don't want
a separate editor for every different file format I use.

But people coming afresh to LaTeX might prefer an editor with lots of
menu-based LaTeX features, especially if they need to use complex math,
where having stuff in menus saves a lot of thinking. There are dozens,
but the more common ones tend to look much alike: nav pane, edit pane,
log pane. TeXStudio is useful because it's multiplatform, so our
non-Ubuntu brethren can share the same interface.

///Peter