Hello,

  It looks like Xamlon is changing course to survive.
I guess the "Use Avalon XAML today" story no longer
sells when you can get a free download that is far
superior from Microsoft itself.

  To find out what to do next Xamlon has launched an
online survey titled "Xamlon Windows Forms Survey":

  The Xamlon dream team writes:

  We want to learn about your interest in building
cross-platform applications using markup. There are a
variety of products that seek to provide this
functionality: Flex from Macromedia, XAML from
Microsoft, XUL and others. We're interested in your
thoughts on a low-cost, lightweight, simple solution
for tag-based applications that can be published to
Windows Forms, to Flash and to the Web.

  Questions include:

 * What aspects of Windows Forms development would you
like to see aided or encapsulated by markup, and why?
(Examples include data binding, owner-drawn controls,
styling controls, end-user forms customization,
layout/docking of window controls)

  * What problem(s) do you want to solve with a
tag-based approach to application development? What
features of markup languages or markup development
particularly interest you?

  * Are you ready to purchase a product that enables
you to create applications in markup and run them on
multiple platforms? Why or why not?

  More @
http://www.xamlon.com/company/surveys/winforms

  What's your take? Is there any future in cloning the
Avalon API? Will anyone use XAML for non-Avalon APIs?

  - Gerald

Gerald Bauer
Rich Client Conference (RichCon) 2005 -
http://richcon.com