On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Gerald Bauer wrote:

> XUL stands for XML UI language and can refer to many different
> dialects similar to XML query language or XML schema language.

Please stop saying this. Just like XQuery refers to a specific XML query
language, and XML Schema refers to a specific schema language, and
Extensible Markup Language refers to a specific Extensible Markup Language
(W3C XML 1.0), XUL refers to a specific UI language, Mozilla's.

Many industry acronyms are generic by nature -- XML, HTML, XSL, DOM, CD,
DVD, XUL, etc. Yet they are all specific to one language or technology.

There have been instances where important discussions at the W3C and
elsewhere have actually been _massively_ confused by your incessant
mis-use of the term. All you are doing is making it harder to get XUL and
other declarative UI languages deployed, and making more and more people
aware that there exists an idiot misusing the term.

Please rename your SourceForge project and stop using the term XUL to mean
anything other than the Mozilla language.

Incidentally, you still haven't answered to the questions you asked me to
send you -- how many more years am I going to have to wait?:

   http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=7810713