The only two ways for Del.icio.us to know whether one URL was exactly
the same as another would be:

To query the server(s), compare the content and when there are no
difference decide they're equal.

Add a field where someone could input URLs to be treated as "the same".


Remember, just because it's obvious to you, doesn't mean it's going
to be obvious to a program, and I can guarantee that there will be
many exceptions to the rule.

-John


On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 05:36:14PM +0200, Xabi Vazquez wrote:
> Hi to all:
> 
> is there any solution to this problem?
> 
> note that these urls are the same, but are indexed as different ones:
> 
> http://www.foo.com/test/
> http://foo.com/test/
> http://www.foo.com/test/index.html
> http://foo.com/test/index.html
> ....
> 
> xabi
> 
> 2005/5/4, sheila miguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > 
> > I notice that some people link to alternate views of the same content,
> > e.g. print views.
> > <http://www.itconversations.com/transcripts/119/transcript-print119-1.html
> > >
> > is one example I've linked to.
> > 
> > The number of other users linking to the content doesn't exactly show
> > the number of people linking to the same content. I wonder if an
> > estimated number would work. But I'm not suggesting this as a feature,
> > I'm merely curious about speculating on the behavioral consequences. I
> > don't fully grok what it might evolve into.
> > 
> > --
> > sheila
> > _______________________________________________
> > discuss mailing list
> > [email protected]
> > http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss
> >

> _______________________________________________
> discuss mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss


-- 
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
 but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not
 what I meant." - Richard Nixon
- -- --- ----- ------- ----------- ------------- -----------------
 j  o  h  n    l  o  c  k  a  r  d    http://www.lockard.info/john
 j   o   h   n   @   l   o   c   k   a   r   d   .   i   n   f   o
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to