Brian Del Vecchio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> But note that this is a natural side effect of special tags--them what
> behave differently from all the others.  Not only are you introducing
> bugs in the new implementation, but you're creating bugs in all the
> code that was built on the old assumptions about common behavior which
> are no longer true.
>
> And I only mean this as an attempt to explain, from a software
> engineering perspective, why Joshua might resist making lots of
> "special" tags.

I agree. Actually, I tend to think that the for:-tags shouldn't really
be implemented as tags. That is, you should somehow be able to send a
bookmark to another user's for-page, but you shouldn't have to introduce
another tag to do it.

In particular, I don't like that the for:-tags clutter the normal view
of my bookmarks.

_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to