> On 11/3/05, Prentiss Riddle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> This highlights a practical dimension to this: Whereas a tag is a tag,
> plain and simple, "for:x" requires knowledge of a(n albeit simple, but
> nonetheless) "higher order" syntax.
>
This syntax is, presumably, no more complex than the bracket you just used
to make your aside more grammatically correct? Must everything be obvious
to first time users?
Well, I guess that's a question begging a collective judgment rather than my own personal opinion, but - my punctuation notwithstanding! - I do tend to favor simplicity when it comes to UIs - don't you?...
And for the record, the situation I referred to involved a very active user of del. Just one who doesn't keep up w/ the list, and so didn't learn about "for:x" until long after it was introduced. Had it been "broken out," its existence - and presumably usage - would've been self-explanatory.
That's all I had in mind.
Regards,
Matthew
_______________________________________________ discuss mailing list [email protected] http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

