Hi Kent,

Create your own kernel recipe and provide a defconfig for it:

SRC_URI += "file://defconfig"

For example to build a bleeding kernel directly from Linus' repo:

DESCRIPTION = "Linux Kernel from kernel.org Git Repository"
SECTION = "kernel"

LICENSE = "GPLv2"

require recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto.inc

LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://COPYING;md5=d7810fab7487fb0aad327b76f1be7cd7"

LINUX_VERSION ?= "5.5"

LINUX_VERSION_EXTENSION ?= "-mykernel"

PV = "${LINUX_VERSION}+git${SRCPV}"

SRC_URI =
“git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;protocol=git;nocheckout=1"

SRC_URI += "file://defconfig"

SRCREV = "d5226fa6dbae0569ee43ecfc08bdcd6770fc4755"

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "qemux86|qemux86-64"
<<<<<

:rjs

--
-----