Hi Alexander,

After some research, these are the numbers I came up with for compiling
core-image-minimal with python3-core:

Normal compilation:
tar.bz2 - 6.6MB
squashfs-xz - 6.1MB

With my pyc-only patch:
tar.bz2 - 5.8MB
squashfs-xz - 5.2MB

So that's about a 15% decrease in size.
Again, this is for an image only with python3-core. Logically that would
mean that if you had an image with more python packages it would be even a
bigger percentage.

Yishai Jaffe