John Stephens wrote:
Thank you, Patrick! Cmd-Shift-V would be a lot better than the default setup.

If there are any QS users out there who need this, here is how I got it to work:

Try this for an easier (and perhaps more complete) way to do this that would work for every application:

1) Open QuickSilver's Trigger preferences
2) Click the + and select HotKey
3) Type a . (period) to enter text entry mode
4) Type: pbpaste | pbcopy
5) Tab to the Action field and select Run Command in Shell
6) Click Save and assign a trigger hotkey

This will strip all formatting from the text on the clipboard which allows it to pick up whatever formatting is present in your rich text document when you paste.

Cheers, Jim

   1: Invoke Quicksilver.
   2: Type CUR, select "Current Application" (Proxy Object).
   3: Tab, type MEN, select "Menu Bar Items."
   4: Tab, press down arrow to drill into menu.
   5: Type PAS, select "Paste and Match Style."
   6: Invoke QS Preferences (Cmd-,).
   7: Select "Triggers" Tab.
   8: Click the + sign and select "HotKey."
        The action pane appears containing the action.
   9: Verify action, and click "Save."
  10: Select the new action in the Trigger column and set HotKey.

There's only one problem: the HotKey only works in the application that was Current when I set it (in this case Yojimbo). You can work around this by following the same steps with Mail.app active, or any other application you want, and QS will allow you to use the same HotKey. I even verified that the Scope of the HotKey in QS is set to "Enabled in All Applications." I suspect it has something to do with what "Proxy Object" means to Quicksilver.

kind regards,
john